Friday, November 15, 2013

Other Blogs

http://teawithahatter.blogspot.com/
What Kate pointed out in her reflection on the mass mediums unit really made me stop and think. What she said was spot on. I have learned so much in the past several weeks about journalism, mass mediums, and technology than I ever thought I would. Usually, I wouldn't think lectures would be fun, but I really learn a lot and I now look at things a lot differently. Before this unit, I looked at Yahoo as a good news source, but now looking at Yahoo's homepage, I can tell that most of their stories are celebrity/fluff stories that don't have much relevance to people. This is mainly because Yahoo doesn't try to be a big news source, they want ratings and viewers more than anything.
What Kate also pointed out was how much this relates to the real world. I have been able to see how the news really works and what websites to actually pay attention to. I know when someone is failing to do all the duties of a journalist, and I can criticize and understand them. I even remember a class discussion in my English class that involved what we have learned so far, and all of the J&C kids looked at each other and understood. Thank you Kate for making me take the time to look back and think about how much this class has meant so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment