Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Class Talks

In Mr. Miller's J1 class, I always love listening as Mr. Miller reads off the answers to the Current Events Quiz. This is partially because I want to know what I got right, but mostly because most of the answers are very interesting and can lead to great class discussions. For example: recently, the world found out about racist things going on in the University of Alabama. Mr. Miller explained how this was only discovered because of some investigative reporters at the university. I understood that journalism was a big part of the world, but the fact that a major university could get in trouble for racism due to journalism really surprised me. I'm impressed and it has really opened my eyes to how journalism really effects the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment